CAMPGround23 (March 16–18, 2023)
Call For Acoustic Works
Call for Acoustic Works
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: October 15, 2022
The Contemporary Art Music Project (CAMP) hosts its second annual festival, CAMPGround23, in Tampa Bay, FL. CAMP welcomes compositions in any style, performance, and aesthetic. Selected works will be performed by CAMP performing artists and ensembles. Our featured performers in this festival include Arda Cabaoglu(trumpet), Doug O’Connor(saxophone), Eunmi Ko(piano), Jamie Jordan(soprano), Katherine Weintraub(saxophone), Kevin von Kampen(percussion), Laura Usiskin(cello), Sini Virtanen(violin), and Tampa City Ballet.
- This call is open to all composers regardless of age, gender, or nationality. Those belonging to disadvantaged or underrepresented ethnic groups are especially encouraged to apply.
- Composers can submit up to two (2) works. A $10USD non-refundable entry fee is required for each submitted work (up to $20USD).
- Selected participants are required to attend the festival.
- The Contemporary Art Music Project is NOT responsible for providing or reimbursing any travel or lodging expenses for selected participants and their performers. Official letters of invitation will be provided upon request to help secure funding from grants or institutions that a participant may be affiliated with.
- If selected, a registration fee of $75USD will be due by December 31, 2022 to secure participation in the festival. Failure to pay this fee will result in the deferral of the selection to another participant.
- Selected composers MUST register and attend the entire festival. If selected, participants must confirm their attendance by January 31, 2023. The registration fee becomes non-refundable after January 31, 2023.
- Works composed after 2016 are eligible.
- Previously performed compositions are eligible.
- Works between 5 to 20 min. in length in any style, aesthetic, and notation will be accepted.
- Composers may provide their own performers if they desire. If the composer intends to supply their own performers, any instrumentation is accepted, and the composer must indicate their intent on the submission form.
- Submission Deadline: October 15, 2022
- Submissions will only be accepted online. No hard copy submissions will be accepted.
- Each composer may submit up to two (2) works.
- Submissions should include links to a legible score (if applicable) and Scores and recordings should be uploaded to an online file sharing service or streaming platform and remain accessible until March 31, 2023. The use of file transfer services like WeTransfer is prohibited.
- Submissions should include a brief program note if applicable.
- Submissions should include a brief biography (150 words maximum).
- All participants are eligible for a collaboration opportunity with Tampa City Ballet. Please indicate on the submission form if you would like your work to be considered.
- Solo instrument/voice without piano accompaniment
- Duo with any subset of the listed instruments
- Mixed ensemble (3 to 8 performers)
- Percussion ensemble (2 to 6 players. Please click here for a list of available percussion instruments)
PLEASE REVIEW THE INSTRUMENT LIST unless you provide your own performers:
- Flute (TBA)
- Trumpet (Arda Cabaoglu)
- 2 Saxophones (Doug O’Connor and Katherine Weintraub)
- 6 Percussionists (inc. Kevin van Kampen)
- Piano/Suzuki Andes recorder keyboard (Eunmi Ko)
- Soprano (Jamie Jordan)
- Violin (Sini Virtanen)
- Cello (Laura Usiskin)
Selected composers will be informed individually no later than November 30, 2022.
If selected, the festival registration fee of $75USD is due by December 31, 2022.
This fee becomes non-refundable on January 31, 2023.
For any questions or additional information, please contact us here.