Young Composers Competition
CAMP Young Composers Competition
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: September 30, 2023
Concert Date: February 24, 2024 (subject to change)
The Contemporary Art Music Project (CAMP) is thrilled to work with young composers and poets residing in Florida in its 2023-2024 concert season. Selected composers will write a new work in collaboration with Tampa’s youth literary collective Heard’Em Say. They will also be invited to CAMP’s international new music festival, CAMPGround24 (March 14-16, 2024), where their work will be performed a second time. CAMP welcomes compositions in any style, performance medium, and aesthetic.
This call is open to composers aged 16-25 regardless of gender, race, or nationality in the State of Florida. Those belonging to disadvantaged or underrepresented ethnic groups are especially encouraged to apply.
- Submission Deadline: September 30, 2023 at 11:59pm EDT (UTC-4)
- Applicants must pay a $10 non-refundable entry fee.
- Each composer may submit up to two (2) works.
- Applications will only be accepted online. Applications should include links to a legible score (if applicable). Scores and recordings should be uploaded to an online file-sharing service or streaming platform and remain accessible until November 30, 2023. The use of file transfer services like WeTransfer is not accepted. The use of Google Drive, Dropbox, or Box is encouraged.
- Submit a score of at least one previously composed work.
- A recording of your submission is optional, including MIDI renditions.
Selected Composer Requirements
- Selected composers are required to attend the workshops, performances, and rehearsals. The Contemporary Art Music Project is NOT responsible for providing or reimbursing any travel or lodging expenses for selected participants and their performers.
- Selected composers must complete a 5-15 minute new work and distribute the score and parts to performers by January 8th, 2024.