CAMPGround24 (March 14–16, 2023)
Call For Electroacoustic Works
Call for Electroacoustic Works
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: October 15, 2023
The Contemporary Art Music Project (CAMP) hosts its third annual festival, CAMPGround24, in Tampa Bay, FL. CAMP welcomes compositions in any style, performance medium, and aesthetic. CAMPGround24 proudly presents performers Arda Cabaoglu (trumpet), Julianna Eidle (flute), Jamie Jordan (soprano), Kevin von Kampen (percussion), Eunmi Ko (piano), Sebastian Stefanovic (viola), Laura Usiskin (cello), Sini Virtanen (violin), and Project Fusion Saxophone Quartet. The festival’s partners and collaborators include Tampa City Ballet, Art Gallery Tempus Projects, and Youth Literary Arts Collective Heard’Em Say.
CAMP offers all selected student composers lodging (shared house) for the entire duration of the festival. Also, CAMP recruits student composers to assist CAMPGround24’s technical director during the festival.
NOTE: Electroacoustic works that are intended to be a part of an installation should submit to our call for installation proposals instead.
- This call is open to all composers regardless of age, gender, or nationality. Those belonging to disadvantaged or underrepresented ethnic groups are especially encouraged to apply.
- Composers can submit up to two (2) works. A $10USD non-refundable entry fee is required for each submitted work (up to $20USD).
- Selected participants are required to attend the festival.
- The Contemporary Art Music Project is NOT responsible for providing or reimbursing any travel or lodging expenses for selected participants and their performers. Official letters of invitation will be provided upon request to help secure funding from grants or institutions that a participant may be affiliated with. However, if you are a student composer, you are qualified to receive free lodging for the entire duration of the festival.
- If selected, a registration fee of $75USD will be due by December 31, 2023 to secure participation in the festival. Failure to pay this fee will result in forfeiting your spot to the next applicant on the wait list.
- Selected composers MUST register and attend the entire festival. If selected, participants must confirm their attendance by January 31, 2024. The registration fee becomes non-refundable after January 31, 2024.
- Works composed from 2017 onward are eligible.
- Previously performed compositions are eligible.
- A video component may be included in any of the submission categories.
- Any piece originally intended for multichannel playback must be submitted as a stereo mixdown instead.
- Works between 5 to 20 min. in length in any style, aesthetic, and notation will be accepted.
- Composers may provide their own performers if they desire. If the composer intends to supply their own performers, any instrumentation is accepted, and the composer must indicate their intent on the submission form. Please note that CAMP is NOT responsible for travel and lodging expenses for performers supplied by composers, including student performers.
- Submission Deadline: October 15, 2023 at 11:59pm EDT (UTC-4)
- Submissions will only be accepted online. No hard copy submissions will be accepted.
- Each composer may submit up to two (2) works.
- Submissions should include links to a legible score (if applicable) and recording.
- Scores and recordings should be uploaded to an online file sharing service (such as Google Drive or Dropbox) or freely accessible streaming platform (e.g., YouTube, Vimeo, Soundcloud) and remain accessible until March 31, 2024. The use of file transfer services like WeTransfer is prohibited.
- Submissions should include a brief program note if applicable (300 works maximum).
- Submissions should include a brief biography (150 words maximum).
- All participants are eligible for a collaboration opportunity with Tampa City Ballet. Please indicate on the submission form if you would like your work to be considered.
- Submissions must include a complete tech rider.
- Fixed media (i.e., acousmatic)
- Fixed media or live electronics with 1-5 performers (including percussion ensemble. Please click here for a list of available percussion instruments)
- Composer provides performer(s) (any instrumentation is acceptable and can include one or more festival performers)
PLEASE REVIEW THE INSTRUMENT LIST unless you provide your own performers:
- Flute (Julianna Eidle)
- Trumpet (Arda Cabaoglu)
- 4 Saxophones (Daniel Espinoza, Matt Evans, Doug O’Connor, and Katherine Weintraub)
- 6 Percussionists (inc. Kevin von Kampen)
- Piano (Eunmi Ko)
- Soprano (Jamie Jordan)
- 2 Violins (Sini Virtanen, 2nd violinist TBD)
- Viola (Sebastian Stefanovic)
- Cello (Laura Usiskin)
Selected composers will be informed individually no later than November 30, 2023.
If selected, the festival registration fee of $75USD is due by December 31, 2023.
This fee becomes non-refundable on January 31, 2024.
For any questions or additional information, please contact us here.